If you own a small business, the chance to grow your business is among your foremost goals. As one of the nation’s busiest ports, the Port of Houston generates nearly $7 billion in business activity annually. Enrolling in the Small Business Development Program at Port Houston opens a door and creates opportunities for your small business in a variety of ways.
Check out our Small Business Events to see where we will be next!
- An advantageous position in procurement opportunities and first opportunity at Port Houston small business events.
- Networking & Workshops
- The Inter-agency Mentor Protégé Program (IMPP). The program aims to help small businesses become more self-sustaining by fostering long-term relationships between contractors (mentors) and Port Houston certified small businesses (protégés) as well as those businesses registered with other partnering agencies.
- Port University, a workshop designed for small businesses to learn how to do business with Port Houston while making valuable contacts in various departments, is offered twice a year.
- Construction Safety Program provides a broad knowledge of construction safety principles and systems. This effort is collaboration between US Department of Labor and Port Houston.
- Industry-specific forums held quarterly to pinpoint a small business opportunity within a specific department.