Unique Port Experience
Special tours are provided to certain groups and organizations that align with Port Houston’s strategic priorities, while also helping promote and develop the Port Houston region.
Special Tour Process
- Groups interested in requesting a special tour on the M/V Sam Houston should submit a Special Tour Request Form.
- Requests must be received at least six (6) weeks prior to the event/activity in order to be considered.
- Requests can be e-mailed to [email protected].
- A minimum of 40 passengers must also be guaranteed for Port Houston to consider the request.
- The M/V Sam Houston is an educational tour of one of the busiest and most diverse ports in the world. It is not available for recreational use, nor is it a ‘party boat’ or ‘cruise.
- Requests will be evaluated by staff and reviewed by port leadership once a month.
- After port leadership reviews and makes special tour determinations, the M/V Sam Houston team will contact the requesting organizations and provide a response in a timely manner.
Port Houston cannot fulfill all tour requests; however, all groups are able to take advantage of our free, public tours, which operate 5 days week. Additional information about our public tours and reservations can also be found online.
If you have any questions, please contact the Sam Houston team at 713-670-2631.