Policies, Procedures, & Standards
Port Houston is committed to transparency and ensuring public trust. To help maintain these values, this page makes available selected policies that document its governance practices, code of ethics, and other policies and procedures.
Port Commission Policies
Port Commission policies on this website are in effect as of the posting date shown. The Port Commission may adopt, revise, or delete policies, and any such changes will take effect at the time adopted. Port Houston strives to keep this site current. However, if you are relying on a current policy for specific action or guidance, please contact Port Houston at 713-670-2400 to that verify the policy posted is up to date.
We invite you to click any of the following links for policies, procedures, and standards that document Port Houston’s governance practices:
- Approving and Funding Employee Meals Approving and Funding Local Port Commissioner and Employee Meals
- Barge Fleeting Leasing Policy
- Barge Fleeting Leasing Standards and Procedures
- Code of Ethics
- Community and Stakeholder Engagement Policy
- Cybersecurity Policy
- Environmental Policy
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act Compliance Policy
- Safety & Health Standards Statement
- Insurance Program and Indemnification Policy — 2018
- Amended and Restated Small Business Development Policy
- Minority- and Woman-Owned Business Enterprise Development Policy
- Misconduct Reporting Policy
- Office of Foreign Assets Control Compliance Policy
- Procurement Policy
- Promotion and Development Fund Policy and Standards
- Public Comment Policy
- Security Management Policy
- Standards for Employee Interaction with Interested Parties
- Strategic Planning Policy
- Travel, Meals, Business Entertainment, and Reimbursement Policy
- Travel, Meals, Business Entertainment, and Reimbursement Policy, Amendment No. 1
- Travel, Meals, Business Entertainment, and Reimbursement Policy, Amendment No. 2
- Vendor Protest Procedure
Port Commission Committee Oversight
The Port Commission currently has six standing committees and a task force, each comprising three or more commissioners. The Audit Committee advises on Port Houston’s financial statements, its accounting and financial reporting processes, and financial statement audits. The Community Relations Committee primarily assists the Port Commission in creating, updating, and monitoring Port Houston’s community relations program policies and procedures.
The Compensation Committee oversees Port Houston’s compensation and succession planning programs and practices. The Governance Committee prepares and updates Port Houston’s governance policies and procedures for the Port Commission’s consideration and action, and also reviews governance-related matters. The Pension and Benefits Committee primarily advises on the administration of Port Houston’s retirement plans, the investment of plan assets, and other benefits offered to employees.
The Business Equity Committee oversees the Business Equity Program policies and procedures, and advises on other Small, Minority, and Woman-owned Business development matters. It also oversees procurement policies and related matters. Committee charters may be viewed by clicking the appropriate link below.