Security & Credential Information
Facility Security &
In order to gain access to Port Houston facilities, visitors will need to obtain proper authorization and have a reason to be at our facilities. Find out more information about facility security and credentialing information below.
Port Houston has two Credentialing Offices available.
|Turning Basin Terminal||Barbours Cut Container Terminal|
|Located inside Truck Office
111 East Loop North
Houston, TX 77029
Hours: Monday – Friday
7:30 am – 11:30 am
1:30 pm – 4:00 pm
|Located inside old Maintenance Building
1819 East Barbours Cut Blvd
La Porte, TX 77571
Hours: Tuesday and Thursday
7:00 am – 11:00 am
12:00 pm – 2:00 pm
Click here for more details about our security authorization application, credentialing information, approved identification requirements, and more.
Register your TWIC with Port Houston
Register your TWIC with Port Houston if you are a ship agent, tenant, vendor or the ILA. It only takes a few minutes, and has numerous advantages for your continued access to Port facilities.
- Register your Company for access to Port Houston facilities
- For ship agents, tenants, surveyors, vendors and port contractors, register your company employees. Completed forms should be returned to the credentialing office to begin the approval process. Notifications will be made once the process has been completed.
- Apply for / Renew Catering Permits
- Food Trucks are allowed to operate on Port Houston property by permit only. Permitted hours of operation are 6:00 am – 8:00 am, 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm, and 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm only, at designated areas within each terminal. To apply, the owner(s) must bring vehicle insurance, City of Houston health permit, DBA and sales tax certificate. Catering permits are $15 per month per truck, and valid port permits must be displayed inside each truck.
- Pick up your Escort Credential
- Once you have completed your Escort Training, bring your TWIC card to the credentialing office to receive your Escort credential.
For questions about security access, please contact port security at [email protected]. Fir questions about TWIC, Escort cards, and terminal access, contact the credentialing office at [email protected].
Need to know more?
For more information about connecting with someone about Port security, access or credentialing, explore Port Houston’s directory to find the right contact.VIEW CONTACTS