Port Houston is privileged to connect with small, minority- and woman-owned businesses to improve the local economy. By enrolling with us, you open the doors to trainings, networking, along with access to Port Houston procurements. We are proud to have more than 1,300 businesses in the surrounding Houston counties (Harris, Montgomery, Waller, Ft. Bend, Brazoria, Galveston, Chambers, or Liberty) enrolled in our program.
Applying to enroll as a small, minority- and/or woman-owned business vendor with Port Houston includes three simple steps. Learn more about how to apply and become a part of the Port Houston Business Equity program.
Step 1. Get Certified
Getting certified through one of our partner agencies is a critical step in our enrollment process.
- Listing in the Port’s online directory of Business Equity enrolled vendors
- Access to industry-specific forums, educational programs and other specialized business development activities
- Ability to reach a broader network of business resources, customers, and contracts
- See new business opportunities at the Port and with external organizations
We accept the following certifications:
- City of Houston
- Houston Minority Supplier Development Council
- Small Business Administration 8(a)
- South Central Texas Regional Certification Agency – SCTRCA
- Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts – HUB Certification
- Texas Department of Transportation – TxDOT
- Women’s Business Enterprise Alliance
(Note: Port Houston is not a certifying entity, but does recognize certifications from the above mentioned certifying agency partners.)
Step 2. Enroll with B2Gnow
Head to our Business Equity Compliance System Portal and fill out the online application. This will allow you to connect with other local business owners, expand your network, learn about mentorship, and attend industry-specific programming and training opportunities. Your application will automatically be submitted for review.
Step 3. Sign Up on BuySpeed
Any supplier that would like to do business with the Port must register in the BuySpeed™ eProcurement System (BuySpeed). This will allow you to access open solicitations or proposals and work with Port Houston.
BuySpeed Registration Benefits:
- Receive notification of procurement opportunities
- Access and submit open solicitations online
- Upload proposal packages and view pre-conference meeting details
- Submit your questions online and receive timely response from Port Houston staff
- Receive notices of training opportunities, workshops, capacity building programs, etc.
Policy and Procedures
Enrollment in the Small Business and/or Minority- and Woman-Owned Business Enterprise Development Program requires your company to submit an application attesting to its eligibility for the program and that the Policy and Procedures for the program have been read.
Please contact our team with any questions or technical issues regarding the Business Equity enrollment process:
Business Compliance Analyst