Business Equity Enrollment Process
in 3 Easy Steps
Port Houston is privileged to connect with Small, Minority, and/or Woman-owned Business Enterprises (S/MWBEs) to improve our local economy. By enrolling with us, you open the doors to training and networking opportunities, along with access to Port Houston procurements.
We are proud to have more than 1,500 businesses in the surrounding Houston counties (Harris, Montgomery, Waller, Ft. Bend, Brazoria, Galveston, Chambers, Liberty) enrolled in our program.
Reach out to our team today to get started at 713-670-2418.
Step 1. Get Certified
Getting certified through one of our partner agencies is a critical step in our enrollment process.
- Listing in the Port’s online directory of Business Equity enrolled vendors
- Access to industry-specific forums, educational programs and other specialized business development activities
- Ability to reach a broader network of business resources, customers, and contracts
- See new business opportunities at the Port and with external organizations
- City of Houston
- Houston Minority Supplier Development Council
- National Minority Supplier Development Council & Affiliates
- Small Business Administration 8(a)
- South Central Texas Regional Certification Agency – SCTRCA
- Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts – HUB Certification
- Texas Department of Transportation – TxDOT
- Women’s Business Enterprise Alliance
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council & Affiliates – WBENC
(Note: Port Houston is not a certifying entity, but does recognize certifications from the above mentioned certifying agency partners.)
Step 2. Enroll with B2Gnow
Visit our Business Equity Compliance System Portal and complete the online application. This will allow you to connect with other local business owners, expand your network, learn about mentorship, and attend industry-specific programming and training opportunities. Your application will automatically be submitted for review.
Having trouble enrolling in B2Gnow? Explore this step by step guide
Step 3. Sign Up on BuySpeed
Any supplier interested in doing business with the Port must also register in the
BuySpeed™ eProcurement System (BuySpeed). This will allow you to access open
solicitations or proposals and work with Port Houston.
BuySpeed Registration Benefits:
- Receive notification of procurement opportunities
- Access and submit open solicitations online
- Upload proposal packages and view pre-conference meeting details
- Submit your questions online and receive timely response from Port Houston
- Receive notices of training opportunities, workshops, capacity building
Policy and Procedures
Enrollment in the Small Business Development Program or the Minority, and/or Woman-Owned Business Enterprise Development Program requires that your company submit an application attesting to its eligibility for the program, and that the Policy and Procedures for the program have been read.