Opportunity U & Training Events
CHARTING A COURSE
EQUITY & GROWTH
The Port Houston Business Equity team has the knowledge, skills, and resources to help your Small, Minority, and/or Woman-owned Business succeed. We offer multiple pathways for your business to obtain the necessary tools to compete for procurements and grow your business.
Are you ready to take your business to the next level? Apply to our program or you can also reach out to our team today at 713-670-2528.
Opportunity U is a comprehensive training designed to support and assist local S/MWBE vendors. This initiative helps position these businesses to better compete for and participate in Port Houston procurements, potentially grow to become preferred contractors, and leverage other opportunities outside of Port Houston.
- Develop sound business fundamentals
- Position businesses to learn about and bid on government contracts
- Strengthen ability to secure access to capital
- Allow businesses to meet key decision makers at Port Houston
- Receive mentoring from experienced professionals
Applicant must be the primary owner, or co-owner, and key decision maker of a business that meets the following criteria:
- S/MWBE certified and enrolled with Port Houston’s Business Equity Program
- In business for a minimum of two years
- Possesses the potential and desire to grow and do business with the Port
- Commitment to attend all of Port Houston training sessions
Please note: Opportunity U is specialized training exclusively available to S/MWBEs actively enrolled in Port Houston’s Business Equity Program. However, enrolling in the Business Equity Program does not guarantee automatic placement into Opportunity U. Applications for the 2024 Spring Cohort V are now open and the first session will start on March 15, apply today!
Other Training Events
Port Houston conducts monthly training events and workshops to help contractors, professional service providers, vendors, and suppliers familiarize themselves with our Business Equity Program.
All businesses are encouraged to attend sessions to better understand how to register, obtain certifications, and participate in the program. These training events also provide a unique opportunity for businesses to learn, network, and exchange contact information for future collaborative opportunities. Head to our Business Equity Compliance System to see our full training event list.
Interested in learning about our Facilities Inspection and Condition Assessment Program?