Opportunity U is a comprehensive training program designed to help build the capacity of local S/MWBE vendors and position their businesses to better compete for and participate in Port Houston procurements, potentially grow to prime contractors, and leverage other opportunities outside of Port Houston.
- Develop sound business fundamentals
- Position businesses to learn about and bid on government contracts
- Strengthen ability to secure access to capital
- Allow businesses to meet decision makers from Port Houston
- Receive mentoring from experienced professionals
Applicant must be the primary owner or co-owner and key decision maker of a business that meets the following criteria:
- S/MWBE certified and enrolled with Port Houston
- Currently in business for a minimum of 2 years
- Possesses the potential and desire to grow and do business with Port Houston
- Commit to attend 10 of 11 sessions
To be considered for the Opportunity U program, interested business owners must submit a completed application by September 20, 2021. Spots are limited based upon approval of application and meeting requirements.